Saturday, May 28, 2011

washing mama cloth.....it's easy peezy lemon squeezy :)

It's fairly easy to care for your mama pads. I'm sure everyone has a different was of doing it, just like we all have our own way of washing our diapers or even our laundry. So I'm going to tell you how I do it and I'm sure you'll find your own washing groove :)

After I use a mama pad, I take it rinse it out as much as I can. Kinda like you would a poo diaper but your just rinsing off and out blood. I try to make sure there's very little left, which maybe the reason I have no stains on my white minky topped ones.

After I rinse them out I put them in an old wipe container and soak them, might be a little redundant being that I do rinse them out but oh well I soak them too. Every time I change into a new pad and place an old one in the wipe container I change the water and add a drop or 2 of tea tree oil.

I wash my pads every day, I only have 5 at the moment so I kind of have too. I think a decent amount of mama cloth to keep your self from washing every day would be about 15 pads. That would leave you doing pads every 2 days. When it's time to wash my pads I do a quick cold rinse then I do a warm/HOT wash with about a tbs of Eco Sprout(same detergent I use on my diapers) then I do a quick rinse again. If I have diapers that need to be washed at the same time I simply throw the pads in with the diapers and wash them with the diapers.

Super simple and nothing overly complex. You don't have to soak or rinse your out you can simple toss them in a wet bag until wash day. I'm a little anal about the pads I guess lol

Mama cloth seems so scary when you're looking into it, just like cloth diapers when you first start looking into those but they are honestly very easy to use and makes for a much better (and I dare say) enjoyable period!

No comments:

Post a Comment